Don’t let age stand in the way of getting the smile you want.
More and more older adults are choosing to pursue treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health and preventing dental problems. And now with Invisalign, the process is easier and safer than ever! At Kim Orthodontics we relish the opportunity to set our kupuna up for a brighter and more comfortable future.
Reasons To Consider Orthodontic Treatment
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
- An improper bite causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues that will cost you more in the end.
Treatment Options For Adults
We offer customized treatment options specifically designed for adult patients. Our advanced technology, appliances, and techniques greatly increase comfort and aesthetics, shorten treatment time, and reduce the number of necessary appointments.
In addition, we offer the nearly invisible aesthetic option of Invisalign. At Kim Orthodontics, it is easy to get the smile you have always wanted and still look your best in the process!
Differences Between Adult Orthodontics and Child/Teen Orthodontics
In children and teens, the jawbones are still developing and are still flexible. In adults, these bones have stopped growing, which may limit the amount of correction that can be achieved with braces alone.
Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease)
Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
Worn or missing teeth
Over time, teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the potential for gum disease.
Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen
Many adults received orthodontic treatment as a child or teen, but may have not completed the treatment. They may choose to complete their orthodontic treatment as an adult to achieve the healthy, beautiful smile they always wanted.