Dr. Mary Kim (retired)
Dr. Mary Kim graduated from Northwestern University School of Dentistry with the highest distinction and honors. She began Kim Orthodontics in 1979 and became the first female orthodontic specialist in Hawaii. She was overjoyed to have her son, Dr. Gerald Kim, join her in 2000. Dr. Mary Kim has led a celebrated career that includes time spent as a faculty instructor in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry at Northwestern University.
Dr. Kim has received the following awards and distinctions:
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- American Society of Pediatric Dentistry Award
- Invisalign Top 1% Provider, North America
- Damon System Premier Provider
- Voted Honolulu Magazine’s Best Orthodontists (every year)